The following is a list of troubleshooting tips for the most commonly encountered technical difficulties while playing Animal Jam. However, due to Flash Player being slowly phased out of use, we would also like to suggest downloading our Desktop App for your Mac or PC in order to play Animal Jam.
- Close all browser windows—if you are using a Mac, you must fully quit the program through the menu—then restart your browser and log back into Animal Jam.
- If Animal Jam is taking a long time to load, we suggest closing all other programs or internet tabs. Make sure your computer isn't downloading anything else, as this will slow down your internet.
- Update your internet browser to its most current version.
- If possible, try logging in from a different computer to see if the issue persists. If it does not, the issue most likely lies with the computer itself.
- If you are experiencing a problem with your internet connection, verify that your network and computer hardware are in working order, then contact your internet service provider's customer support.
- If loading the game results in a black or grey screen, or if the loading screen get stuck at a certain point, make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer. You can visit the Adobe website at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to download the latest version.
- Clear your browser's cache.
- Verify that the time and date on your computer are accurate.
- Use a different web browser to log into Animal Jam. Please note that older versions of Internet Explorer may not be compatible with Animal Jam, and due to partial incompatibility with Adobe Flash, Safari will not show all of Animal Jam's effects properly.
- Update your Adobe Flash Player to its latest version. This is particularly helpful if loading Animal Jam results in a black or gray screen, or if the loading screen sticks at a certain point.
- Uninstall and then reinstall Adobe Flash.
If you have attempted the below steps already or have found that they do not work, please contact us or respond to your ticket inquiry with us with the following information:
- Date and Time it Happened
- Parent email of the accounts that are experiencing this problem
- Are there any Error Messages?
- Did you clear your cache?
- What version of Flash are you using?
- Did you uninstall/reinstall flash?
- What browsers have you tried?
- What device and model number? (For example a stylus or drawing tablet)
- Can you please attach any screenshots?
If you are still experiencing technical difficulties, please contact us.